Tourism in the vicinity
Camping Le Hameau des Champs in Cormatin
- Bicycle tours
- Wine route, gastronomy
- Castles, churches to visit
- Cluny, medieval city
A must do in Cormatin:
- Estelle’s rides (from 12 years old) in Bourgui’trott: for those who love new sensations!
- The castle of Cormatin: The most fabulous apartment of Louis 13 (1628) preserved in France, woodwork, fireplaces and ceilings richly painted, carved and gilded. Park of 12 hectares, flowerbeds, large boxwood maze, old-fashioned vegetable garden…
- The greenway: walks, bike rides or rollerblading on a 135km track (treasure hunt to download in the Greenway application)
- Fishing in the Grosne (fishing card on sale in the village)
- The pyramid (sculptural site)
- The craft and gourmet gallery: 800m² of exhibition space, 60 art exhibitors and 30 gourmet exhibitors
- Les communs : collective of 12 local ceramists
- Chapaize : Village near Cormatin. Few communes can marvel at such a heritage and its Romanesque churches. A crazy charm!
- Taizé: Directly accessible by the greenway (without a car), the Taizé Community brings together about a hundred brothers, Catholics and of various Protestant origins, from nearly thirty nations. By its very existence, it is a “parable of community”: a concrete sign of reconciliation between divided Christians and separated peoples. Over the years, more and more young people have come to Taizé from all continents for weeks of meetings. Church leaders also come to Taizé, and the community has welcomed Pope John Paul II. More information: https://www.taize.fr/fr
Find out more about the surrounding area of the campsite on the website of the Cluny tourist office.
heritage side :
Cormatin is ideally situated on the route of the 17 medieval fortresses and Renaissance castles that evoke the historical past of Burgundy.
- Cluny : Its abbey and the museum of art and archeology, its medieval city, the Hôtel-Dieu and the famous national stud farms (equestrian shows all summer), the racecourse.
- Château de Brancion : Discover the Middle Ages, a fortified castle built in the 10th century, a medieval village and a Romanesque church. Playful and costumed visit for 4/10 years old.
- Tournus and its St Philibert abbey : One of the only 11th century Romanesque monasteries preserved in Europe ; the Hôtel-Dieu and the Greuze museum ; the bicycle museum… And so many things to see by a pedestrian circuit.
- Château de la Ferté : You will discover 18th century interiors, a park and magnificent outbuildings.
The surroundings …
with family :
- Caves of Azé : Two caves nestled in the limestone massif, the first one, a spectacle of nature, the second one, a refuge of prehistoric men, conceals numerous traces of the past.
- Acro’bath : Nestled in a forest rich in its biodiversity of species (38), you will live a life-size adventure !
- Chèvrerie de la trufière : The best goat cheeses !
- La ferme de Chatenay : we learn to grow up with a pony activity designed for children from 2 to 4 years old (presence of stuffed animals, soft music…)
- Cluny horse valley : An unforgettable moment in contact with American horses known for their kindness.
- The national stud farm of Cluny presents different breeds of horses (that you can stroke) and offers equestrian shows all summer long.
The surroundings…in adventure mode:
- On foot : Great hiking trails
- Horseback riding : Equi’nat in Morlay
- By bike, rollerblading: The greenway (reserved for non-motorized vehicles) is entirely marked out and secured. Cormatin is also part of 2 “coup de coeur” loops of 24 and 27km.
- Fishing: Card on sale at the tabac presse in Cormatin
- Lugny accro : 13 courses for all levels, sometimes even at night !
- Etrigny solex tours : accompanied rides in authentic Velosolex !
Gastronomy side :
- Tournus : gastronomic city with its 4 Michelin starred chefs
- Caves de Lugny: hiking and tasting in the heart of Chardonnay!
- Château de la greffière: vine and wine museum, 25 minutes away from the campsite, discover a wine estate of the Mâcon region. The museum gathers a rich collection of instruments of the winegrower of the past and will finish by the visit of the current cellars and its tasting.
- The list is long:
Download the application“route 71.fr” which will lead you from wines to discoveries!
Did you know that? Burgundy is the kingdom of Chardonnay for white wines and Pinot Noir for red wines. They represent 91% of the region’s vineyards.